From Ted wiki
This list contains all the new features and changes that were added to ted with a new release.
- For some users ted would not start anymore after upgrading to v0.97
- Missing network icon added
- Adjusted date string: "will air on today" is now "will air today"
- Support for HD shows.
- Sort shows on name or air date.
- EZRss feed parser support.
- Proxy support via new network preferences tab.
- Edit multiple shows at once.
- Nicer air dates in main dialog (tomorrow, today, ...).
- Seeders and file sizes are taken from rss feed before contacting tracker. Makes parsing faster and more robust.
- Filter on private trackers option
- Option to update show schedule in edit show dialog.
- yyyy mm dd is added as a valid date.
- Added window that shows information about new ted or show list updates.
- Adjustments to the translator so it is easier to work with
- Changed rss library because of extensive logging
- In/export shows function support
- Added never/always buttons to update pop up dialogs
- Help button on tabs dialogs points to correct help page
- Tray icon disabled on 64 bits machines so ted starts.
- Fix for lost shows after adding show and restart.
- Show list is downloaded when not present.
- Schedule parser fix when season 0 is present.
- Adjusted default download folders for different OS.
- If download folder not present create it (otherwise warn user).
- Wild clicking in add show dialog caused inconsistent data.
- Rejected torrents because of keywords show up in log.
- When the directory path was too long UI of preferences menu was disarranged.
- Renamed compressed file filter into generic file filter.
- Fixed allowing '=' in the config (directory path).
- Right mouse click in main table doesn't need focus of main table.
- Message that dis/enable tray icon needs reboot.
- Linux tray support.
- Fixed some epguides parsing problems.
- Don't crash when xml file from TVRage can't be downloaded.
- Fixed bug in synchronizer show definitions.
- The characters [ and ] are invalid in torrent name.
- Don't increase episode number when torrent can't be downloaded.
- Don't always update schedule when closing edit show dialog.
- Some connection time outs were hard coded now linked to config.
- Add show dialog has a title.
- Manual schedulers.
- Double episode support.
- Parse shows did not work at start of ted on Windows OS
- Open torrent files in torrent client when torrent path contains spaces on MacOS
- Update status bar count down when adjusting time between parse rounds
- Details of shows are no longer overwritten at the start of ted
- Automatic Episode scheduler; determines airdate and episode titles by using information from epguides and TVRage
- Option to set your time zone
- Changed Add Show dialog look and feel, it's now easier to select the episode you want to search for
- Choose your own table colors
- Pop-up dailogs can now auto-close themselves
- More show information (airdate and title) displayed in main dialog.
- Improved memory management (on mac)
- Improved UI, native search box and help buttons (on mac)
- Check for new version every x parsing rounds instead of only at startup
- Speed up retrieval of the show information
- Added missing log messages
- New design main table
- Search box in Add show dialog
- Adjusted error messages generated by torrent tracker
- Feeds for shows are now automatically generated
- Checking for new version of shows.xml is faster
- Mored daily show parse formats (e.g. 1st Jan 2008)
- Little Growl enhancements
- Daily date year combobox bug fixed
- Menus are no longer grayed out under Leopard
- Window resize saved on moment of resize not on exit
- XML writer from date bug fixed
- XML writer break date bug fixed
- URL name translater bug fixed
- Fixed hurray bug
- New log that clarifies the parse results per show
- All shows are checked for new episodes at the same time
Growl support (better message support for Mac)
- On Linux Firefox is added as browser to open weblinks
- UI modifications to make the windows of ted look nicer on all platforms
- Show error messages is disabled on default
- Feeds are now loaded only one time when parsing
- Counter is updated every minute instead of every second (saves CPU)
- Fixed some memory issues
- On Linux the default folder where ted stores its data is now ".Torrent Episode Downloader" in the users home folder
- Daily show torrent urls are translated
- Export to XML saves to correct location
- Seeder filter now checks for 'more or equal' instead of 'more'
- Update show list settings are correctly used
- Catalan (new)
- French (update)
- Italian (update)
- Norwegian (update)
- Shows can easier be added.
- UI make over for the edit show, configuration and main window
- Daily shows are supported
- Feeds can easier be added to a show in the edit show dialog
- Do not parse at start option
- Checks to see if a new version is available every 5 parsing round
- Dialog that shows which episodes are available for a show
- Do not log to file option
- Improved new season available check
- Check if entered download location exists
- Option to filter out compressed files (password protected)
- Built in translator
- Configuration is saved in system folders
- Configuration and edit show dialog can no longer be resized
- Timeout setting correctly displayed in configuration dialog
- Log is saved to file for MacOS
- Unknown object '>'report is now proper defined
- Added brackets check to keyword filter
- Fixed log memory leak
- Removed download all option
- Complete: English, Dutch, Greek, French, German, Italian
- Partial: Danish, Spanish, Norwegian, Polish, Swedish
- parsing can be stopped
- log is saved in file
- option for exporting shows to valid xml file
- more break schedule options
- name and status column are adjustable
- menu item for downloading latest show information
- menu item for updating show information
- time-out when looking for a new version
- filter torrents on amount of seeders
- new logging system (thanks to Matthias)
- automatically setting filters for each show
- parsing progress for each show
- status visible for each show
- row of currently parsing show is green
- 'Ted' is now 'ted'
- buttons are disabled if they can't be used
- switched to a more 'windows' looking lay-out
- status can't be changed anymore by clicking tv's
- some xml tags are made optional
- fixed displaying wrong day bug
- automatically open torrent files on MacOS
- repaired few glitches preferences dialog
- date is not used or parsing the feeds
- xml file for show definitions
- parser counts back in minutes
- updating feeds bug fixed
- centralized torrenturl translator (this means that new sites can be added easily and changed sites can be fixed without the need of updating ted)
- centralized feed list (ted will download the latest version of the predifined feedlist at startup)
- autoadjust changed feeds of shows
- seedler.org, newtorrents.info, btchat.com support
- open torrent support on MacOS
- multiple feeds per show
- cleaner user interface (also for MacOS)
- the download all feature now asks if you want to download everything from a feed, or only new items
ted is open source! released under gpl 2.0
- support for mininova, the pirate bay, mrtwig and tvrss.net feeds
- support for season/episode 103 (= s1 e3)
- ted now saves x, y, width and heigth of the main window
- an argument that can be passed at startup to decide if ted should add a trayicon (-Dtray=1 or -Dtray=0)
- a download all option for a show, this downloads everything from the feed
- a show can be paused or on hold (see the icons in the table)
- episode and break scheduler that automaticaly put the show on hold or pause and checks when ted should start checking for new episodes again
- context menu when you right-click the show table
- config dialog no longer closable with the red cross
- torrentreactor feeds work again
- when ted has no trayicon, he will announce new torrents and errors through popups
- when ted has no trayicon, the closing button will actually exit ted instead of minimize to the not existing tray
- extended keyword filtering. supports !, & and | operators: ((!xvid & hdtv) | (lol & ipod)) | !(xvid & piet & henk)
- the episode dialog has a tab for the schedule and more space for display on mac
- utorrent, abc and bitcomet clients are now supported by the "try to open in your default bittorrent client" feature
- added setup wizard. When you run ted for the first time, you have to configure the directory where ted saves his torrents
- date check to filter out fakes
- filter on keywords. You can now use certain keywords to ignore or download torrents (keywords are matched against torrent title)
- support for isohunt.com feeds. some feeds of isohunt can have difficulties loading cause they have strange characters in them that are not allowed in RSS
- button that loads the last episode from a feed
- added tooltips to several buttons and textfields
- ted checks now better if he really downloaded a torrent or just plain html of an error page
- better and more detailed error messages
- when ted finds a new season but you don't want ted to download it, he now remembers so you don't have to click no anytime he checks a episode
- the edit/add show dialog now has tabs to make it smaller and cleaner
- fixed filesaving bug in linux. ted now uses \ instead of / to save the torrent
- support for mybittorrent.com rss feeds (thnx goatjuggler)
- ted now checks which os he's running on to see if he can safely add a trayicon (fix for MacOs) (thnx all people offered to test ted on macOs)
- default value for season and episode when adding a new show are now 1 instead of 0 (thnx crap)
- added feeds to rss-urls.txt (thnx jaks13579, goatjuggler, Swimming_Bird)
- made selection box for predefined shows wider
- logwindow now opens in front of ted, instead of next to ted (if ted was maximized the logwindow would open out of your sight) (thnx goatjuggler)
- about dialog
- button next to RSS url to open the url (so you can verify feeds)
- menu item to open ted website
- help menu item now opens online documentation
- when ted finds a new version of himself, you can choose if you want to open the download page
- ted asks when he finds a new season if the user wants ted to start looking for episodes in this new season
- added "MB" textlabel next to minimum and maximum sizes for an episode
- default refresh time was 50 seconds, changed to 300 seconds
- Initial Beta Release
- Only distributed to ted beta testers